Friday, April 18, 2008

Brothers, Are You Listening?

Time and time again I would hear comments like, “Black people don’t read” or “Black people don’t spend money on personal development programs. How many people are going to purchase a book titled Brothers Are You Listening? Don’t you know that Black men are the last people to purchase these types of books?”

Although I must admit that I was a little surprised by their reactions, I completely disagreed with their conclusions. I knew there was a need for personal development books written by and for African Americans and although most people disagreed with me I decided to pursue my dream any way. As a matter of fact, their rejection inspired me even more. - Michael Taylor

You can read Michael's story in More Black Success Volume 2.

For more MBS excerpts, click here.

Would you like to submit your story? Click here for more details.

No comments: