Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is Marriage for White People?

Personally, I don't think marriage is for a particular race, culture or group. It's for anybody who wants it. Many people see marriage as a sacred trust. I certainly do. I was brought up in the church. However, being a Buddhist challenges this. For us, marriage is not a sacrament.

To me, marriage is different from any other type of relationship. It is different from living with someone (I've done both). It is a commitment acknowledged publicly by one's friends and family.

Anyway, check out this somewhat distubing article on "Marriage Is for White People".

Clearly, marriage is a choice. It'snot something anybody has to do. I'm looking to explore this more in my forthcoming African American Relationships Guides. Please submit an article if you would like to. I want to know what you think.

No comments: