Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Celebrating Nappturality

I have recently discovered this website and these excellent blogs that celebrate natural hair and nappturality.

Nappturality includes advice on styling and transitioning. It also gives you the opportunity to blog.

Holistic Locs contains amazing photos plus uplifting, inspiring and sometimes amusing videos, like "Can I Touch Your Hair?".

Napptural Beauties celebrates sistas with napptural hair.

I remember when someone slammed me on Facebook because I used the word "nappy", which she somehow found offensive.

We need to unlearn all the negative stuff we have been taught about our hair, our appearance and ourselves. We need to celebrate ourselvs in all of our nappiness, naturalness and nappturality. I'm so glad to see these sistas doing that.

See also: The Key to Confidence

Why We Need to Heal

No comments: