|London Black History Walks|
As always, he shared loads of Black history information and details. Listening to Brother Tony is an education.
- Are people in the UK aware of Black history in Britain, the United States and elsewhere?
- And are African Americans aware of Black British history?
- What has been the contribution of Black women to Black history?
- How have Black women been represented in history and in film?
- African Odysseys films - how and why did they come into being, and what is the significance of this ongoing series?
One thing that came out of this discussion was the importance of sharing this information globally. People in the United States are unaware of UK Black history, and often know nothing about the experience of Black people globally.
I urge you to attend Black history walks, talks, films, and, now, bus tours and boat trips with London Black History Walks (once the lockdown is lifted).
Go here for lots of my Black history blogs.
I have Black history quizzes for all the family on my Coronavirus Resources page.
Please share this with your networks and please leave your comments below. Thanks.